“We are a group of students and activists who are appalled at the presence of human trafficking in our nation and our world. Members of Belts Breaking Bondage feel that it is our responsibility as free citizens to be advocates for those living in bondage. We are committed to raising awareness to prevent trafficking and partnering with other anti-trafficking organizations to ensure no one is left in the dark on this issue.

Belts Breaking Bondage is actively engaging the community to stop trafficking by creating and selling waist belts. Fabric along with other sewing materials are donated and groups meet weekly to give their time to construct the belts. 85% of the sales go directly to anti trafficking organizations which are voted on quarterly. The remaining 15% is used to buy sewing supplies as well as other materials needed to keep generating support and awareness.”

Belts is located in Athens – the Ohio University area. You can help Belts by donating fabric (new fabric, bed sheets, curtains in good condition), thread, scissors, sewing machines, or large round beads; volunteering to help sew and sell the belts; spreading awareness; host a sewing party; create a fundraising or awareness event; or buying a belt from their Etsy shop.

https://sites.google.com/site/beltsbreakingbondage/